www.scottenglert.com | email@example.com
Over 11 years of experience in the feature film and games industry under various technical roles such as software development, character setup and rigging, cloth and hair simulations, and animation.
· Software development for character rigging and animation.
· Character, crowd, prop, and vehicle rigging.
· Proficient in Autodesk’s Maya and MotionBuilder software packages with knowledge in Massive crowd system.
· Experienced with Python, C++, MEL, PyQt/PySide, OpenCL, Maya API.
· Accustomed to version control systems: Git, SVN, and Perforce.
· Comfortable working with motion capture animation.
· Excellent problem solver.
Software engineer | Sony pictures imageworks july 2012 - present
· Developed many rigging and animation tools including our central modular rigging systems using Python and PyQt
· Authored and maintained plugins for Maya using C++. For example, a quadruped IK solver and several deformers.
· Optimized and multithreaded several deformers and plugins to improve rig parallelism and performance.
· Taught classes on Python to fellow artists and became a learning resource for others.
· Provided support on all active productions such as Storks, Angry Birds, Hotel Transylvania 2, and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2.
character technical director | sony pictures imageworks june 2010 – july 2012
Hotel Transylvania – September 2012
· Rigged many characters and props such as the Zombies, Yetties, and Green Blob.
· Simulated hair and clothing for hero characters such as Frankenstein, Mavis, and Dracula.
Smurfs – August 2011
· Finalized deformations for the Stork and setup complex articulated props such as ropes and Smurfalator.
· Simulated hair and clothing for hero characters such as Smurfette, Papa and Gutsy smurf.
character technical director | imagemovers digital (disney) march 2009 - may 2010
Mars Needs Moms – March 2011
· Rigged all characters for director’s layout using MotionBuilder and crowd characters used in Massive.
· Rigged hatchling alien characters and several articulated props.
· Expanded the rigging and animation pipeline with tools such as a Maya to Massive crowd character export and animation motion capture snapping system using Python.
senior animator | midway amusement games october 2005 - february 2009
· Specialized in facial rigging and animation.
· Hand keyed facial performances for hero and secondary characters in both cinematics and in-game.
· Animated and corrected character body motion with motion capture.
· Authored many animation pipeline tools for both Maya and MotionBuilder using Python and MEL. For example, facial pose library and rig setup tools.
· Shipped six AAA titles for the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 consoles including: Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe (Lead Technical Animator), Wheelman (Technical Animator), and Stranglehold (Facial Animator).
bachelors OF FINE art | may 2005 | savannah college of art and design
· Major: Computer Art
· Co-founder of the student website, The Hive, which I was later promoted as Director.
coursera online classes
· Machine Learning
· Algorithms, Part 1
Hobbies and Interests
· Snowboarding, mountain biking, hiking, soccer, tennis, photography, drawing.